10 Largest Tech Companies 2017/2018
The Tech industry is one of the world's fastest growing and most attractive, creating new and relative productions and innovations for the constant evolving future needs of its "drones". In the modern world there's no denying that when it comes to technology, admittedly we are quite spoilt and simply can't live without it. Developments in technologies have changed the way we live our daily lives, from internet access on the go, to the ability to instantly talk with anyone in the world with just a tap on a smart phone.
In the early 90's, the biggest Tech companies were located in the US, Silicon Valley, California. However, things have since spiced up, as East meets West on the list of contenders for a place as one of the world's top 10 Tech Companies. As reported by The Daily Records (27 MAR 2018) and Forbes (Kristin Stoller, May 24, 2017), the following Tech Companies are rated the top 10 in the world based on revenues:
1. Apple Inc is the largest information tech company in the world. Its products and services include consumer electronics, computer software and online services.
2. Samsung Electronics is the world’s second-largest company after Apple. It has been a leader in the electronic industry for a long time and is well known for its line of smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy.
3. Microsoft is one of the largest software makers in the world and is known for its operating systems, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite, internet explorer etc.
4. Google's parent company, Alphabet Inc, is the fourth largest. It is in fact an American multinational Company and in addition, deals with other areas of business research and technology.
5. IBM is an another American multinational company. It not only offers consulting services, but also deals with making computer hardware and other technological innovations. Credits include ATM machine, Floppy disk, UPC bar codes and many other.
6. Intel is the largest semiconductor chip makers in today's world forum that supplies computer system manufacturers such as Apple, Dell, HP and Lenovo.
7. Cisco Systems specializes in the development of telecommunication equipment’s and networking hardware among other products.
8. Oracle is a market developer in technological innovations in Software, Cloud Systems, Computer Hardware Systems, Products and Services.
9. Hon Hai Precision Company is based in Taiwan China and deals with the electronic manufacturing of iPad, Kindle, Play Station, Xbox among others.
10. Facebook, with billions of subscribers and users, is one of the most used social networking company, allowing for worldwide communication amongst family, friends and coworkers.
Technological innovations have completely changed the way the world lives and thinks and can offer an effective solution to the alleviation of world poverty, and save many lives through empowering and improving the conditions of impoverished countries via:
Access to Clean water
Disaster Relief and Management
The Vihara Foundation (VF) and its Charity Organization, Rock Against Poverty (RAP) currently employs such technologies to aid in the alleviation of those poverty-stricken countries. VF Operations and Strategic Planning is conducted with 3D and the use of green Virtual Reality (VR) simulations. Our project collaborators use green VR to immerse themselves throughout the design process to gain insights that would have normally require them to physically travel to the project site. This can now can be geographically linked through such technological advancements.
RAP is a unique charity platform, its core mission being poverty alleviation and climate mitigation, which aims to maintain and support the agenda of the world's top technology companies (directly and/or indirectly). The use of these advancement in technologies, combined with collective climate mitigation goals, can reduce the poverty triggers that affects climate change. As an example, Holochain (second generation blockchain, uses significantly less energy consumption and is less carbon intensive). These are just some of technology that RAP employs in its data mining and management usage, while also combining technologies like 3D, Artificial Intelligence in addition to green VR in the aid of Poverty Alleviation, Climate and Disaster Mitigation Planning.
According to Erik Brynjolfsson, Director at MIT - Sloan School of Management, "The future is not pre-ordained by machines. It’s created by humans. Technology is a tool. We can use it in many different ways. How do we use technology in ways that will create not just prosperity, but shared prosperity"?
1]. Forbes: Kristin Stoller: "The World's Largest Tech Companies 2017: Apple And Samsung Lead, Facebook Rises". (04 Jan 2017)
2}. The Daily Records: "Top 12 Best IT Companies In The World" - (March 27, 2018 )http://www.thedailyrecords.com/2018-2019-2020-2021/world-famous-top-10-list/highest-selling-brands-products-companies-reviews/best-it-companies-world-india-popular-largest/6809/
3]. Erik Brynjolfsson, Director, MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy, MIT - Sloan School of Management: "Technology is changing the way we live, learn and work. How can leaders make sure we all prosper?" (04 Jan 2017)